Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I blog


'Thank you for flying with Air Asia' was my famous line because of my white top and red-orange skirt that everyone made fun of during the Asean Bloggers Conference 2011 in Bali, Indonesia (but I actually flew via Cebu Pacific: MNL-KL and Air Asia: KL-DPS), which we prefer to call Southeast Asian Bloggers Conference  after a few intense discussions among bloggers in the neighboring countries which I personally and firmly agree on to lessen the political connections and promote more on the friendly and indispensable goal of developing friendship and sharing of ideas and stories among bloggers in Southeast Asia. 

As what I've said in a couple of interviews (yohoo! you read it right, I had interviews which made things weirdly interesting), I am not a hardcore blogger, I don't find much time to update my blog that makes me wonder 'why the hell am I in this blogger's conference?' (Well, that was the same question of Mike from Google when we had a little chitchat before dinner. Haha.) but I am one example of a huge number of personal bloggers in the Philippines who try to find their own simple joys in sharing their everyday stories to the world hoping that even once those stories can make an impact for a change and inspiration to others, or probably, to themselves. I'm following some people who blog about their shoes, pets and even their advocacy and this made me realize that it's really hard to measure success or even conclude what happiness is because each of us differs from one another and our priorities and interests are totally different that brought me to the question, 'why are there some people who still envy other people even if they don't have the same preference or standards of success and happiness?' 

So back to blogging, I got a couple of comments from random people in the other side of the world who don't even know where the Philippines is (but they just want to ask really where Philippines is and not about what I wrote) but generally, I write because I'm fond of it (I'm a Journalism graduate) and I write about what interest me and what might interest others too because I know that for us to stay happy and enthusiastic about life, we should learn something or have fun with the things we stumble upon everyday.Well, I think I write just to simply document important events, things, emotions in my life that will answer my questions when I look back and find the emptiness that I may feel one day, someday. 


 I've met so many interesting people in the conference that inspired and have influenced how I think nowadays. 


I'm sorry but I've grabbed some of my these photos in some twitter accounts of other participants since I've seen my name mentioned and I've seen some ugly stolen shots. :) The conference was attended by some bloggers from Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Brunei, of course Indonesia (almost a hundred), and I really like the famous Filipino blogger that I met there (in the middle of the photo above in our Filipiniana costume), Tonyo Cruz, which is the star of my self-made game 'where is tonyo?' when I was wondering who is Tonyo in the layover to Denpasar.


Looking at the photos, I realized that I was a hardcore rule follower who was too much excited to wear our traditional/national costume (since we just wear it during formal events or weddings unlike 'batik') during the dinner of the conference that lead me to the discovery of random people with photos with me because I was sort of a mascot. haha. But seriously, I liked it! At least I was able to wear Balintawak/Filipiniana.

To sum it up, I think I share the same goal and happiness about blogging with Mena Trott, the founding mother of blogging revolution. Like her, I believe that we can produce a friendlier world through blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...