Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Burdang Taal, Habing Pilipino


Last Saturday, I was hesitating to attend the Philippine Fashion Week but when I saw the Burdang Taal, Habing Pilipino schedule, I went to SM Mall of Asia quickly, tried to look for someone to use of complimentary ticket with me (but didn't find one) and enjoyed the beautiful collections of burdang taal, a very detailed hand-embroidery technique that actually originated in Taal, Batangas.

The featured collections are from Edgar Madamba, Vic Barba, Bergamo, Dong Omaga-Diaz, Lito Perez, JC Buendia, Fanny Serrano, Gerry Katigbak, Johnny Abad, Edgar San Diego,Ole Morabe, Jontie Martinez, Roland Lirio, Richard Papa, Anthony Nocom, Randy Ortiz, Oskar Peralta.

I personally like the collections and I'm hoping that there'll be more of this kind in the Philippine Fashion Week for the coming years because they showcase the Filipino talent and craftsmanship that is very unique and sophisticated.

To see the photos and for full story, please read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...