Friday, July 20, 2012

Monchhichi is off to Great Places!

It's funny that whenever I check the stats of my blog, one of the mostly visited post is Monchhichi's New Home. I expect that my serious posts will score the highest but I can imagine how many more people were charmed by this cute fella worldwide! Since most of my friends miss her in my bag and my stories on how Taku compares me with Monchhichi, here's some of her photos while she wanders with us.

This was taken at Bonifacio High Street in BGC when we were goofing around before my bag with most of our valuable things were stolen. Here's the story and video about that learning experience.



Monchhichi wandered a lot in 2011: Singapore, Boracay, Palawan, Bali, Japan and LA. I am very petite but sometimes I wish I am just as her size so it's easy for me to fit in the luggage or better for Taku to be same with her size so I can put him in my pocket so it's always a sun-shiny day! haha.

I don't intend to collect all Monchhichi items that I see in stores (as if there are many in Manila!) since I try to live with less and basic things to save more and maximize the use of everything but I opt to keep those which are really cute, small and useful.

But I am keeping my Monchhichi from Kyoto!

Not just because it's so cute but also because it was given to me by a good friend, Eri, who always bring me Monchhichi omiyage whenever she goes back from Osaka (most of the time the yummy Monchhichi candies!) but my heart skipped when she surprised me with this one:

"There are three monchhichis in the photo!" -Taku

And as we keep the kid in us, reach for our dreams and meet wonderful people along the way, let's remember what Dr. Seuss have said (I'd like to remind my sister Charmaine about this wonderful passages cause I believe she'll go more places!):

Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.
Oh! The places you'll go!
You'll be on your way up! You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.
So...
be your name Bauxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day! 
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

*this is an excerpt from the book Oh! the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...