Wednesday, April 11, 2012

NYE 2012: Universal Boys


Seems like we were childhood friends in a reunion trip, yeah? Upon looking at the photos of my year-end-new-year trip with Taku and his friends, I noticed that I've developed fondness in these guys, actually, I call them 'Universal Boys!'. Haha. I'm amazed with guys with wonderful friendships, in fact, I have some college friends (SIBAK) who are just like these guys, but this group is like...girls. I mean, aside from good looks (I owe them that since they treated me well during the trip. sshhh. Of course my Taku is no.1 yohooo!), I noticed that they're as vocal as girls to each other but since they're Japanese, it still looks like 'businesssy' to me, very rational and practical.


Here's what they do: At the end of the year, they travel together, have fun and on the last day, they will have what they call 'symposium.' Symposium looks like this:


In the symposium, they will talk EVERYTHING about:

  1. Current trip
  2. Upcoming trip
  3. What happened to them in the year that passed
  4. Their plans for the coming year
Being with these guys were so difficult at first because we have a totally different culture and language. Good thing I was working in a Japanese magazine and have worked with a lot of Japanese but you could imagine how many times I bowed or got nervous thinking about what to say if I was asked to say something when they 'cheers!' haha.


But I really wish all friendships are like what they have, definitely, no one will feel lost in their own life.

This was the last photo of us together in the trip. I went alone to a separate hotel while some of them (including Taku) flew to Singapore and 3 of them stayed for a couple of nights, I can still remember how sad I was. haha. When I look at this photo, I miss the Universal boys and I always wish them well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...