Saturday, August 18, 2012

Surfing trip: Zambales


Roadtrip. Fresh fruits. Waves. --Some of the few things that keep you high in Zambales, a province in the central part of Luzon (Philippines). For some people in Manila, it's good to go to South and wander under the sea but some prefer to check out what's there going North and ride on top of the sea. But I suggest to do both and cherish the two unique experiences with genuine appreciation of the beauty of their purpose.

With my enthusiasm to explore and experience surfing, I packed and went on a quick trip to Zambales. I just had surfing in mind with no other expectations about the sea and accommodations. But I was surprised on how that simple trip turned out as one of the best trips I had, first, because I was able to cross-out something in my long bucket list- surfing. Second, because I realized that I had explored and had a wonderful break. Who would ever think that I'll do so many things in that place aside from surfing? (Here's the things I learned about surfing).

We stayed at my friend Josh's usual hiding place, the Crystal Beach Resort. With very amiable staffs and very friendly locals, I enjoyed breathing fresh air and listening to the waves while:

1. walking around the shore and attempting to play beach volleyball.


2. Playing and climbing up in their obstacle courses with a real-life chimpanzee friend (that's a joke among us cause we look like chimpanzees when falling from the surf board), Daisuke.


3. Being one with nature and having quality time to rest and recharge my spirit in the tranquility of the place in their duyan made from tires.It was really nice to close my eyes, feel the sun shines to my face, breathe in, smile and listen to the birds chirping.


4. Campfire we met again! Yey!
5. Pretending to be a pro when checking out surf boards.
6. Playing around. Wonderful conversations.
7. Getting more and more wounds.


8. And of course, San Miguel Beer in the middle of the day with my wonderful people.
9. Becoming invisible like me in the photo below:


I will always recommend a trip to Zambales, whether you'll be trying out surfing or just simply lying on the beach while playing music all day. Even if you'll visit alone, it just feels good to be surrounded by very lively people trying to ride every wave as if it was the last.

By the way, that guy below, my Kuya Josh, was still starting to surf when that photo was taken. Look how he falls! haha. But now, he's riding unlimitedly and winning! Thanks for the fun trip Kuya!


San Narciso, Zambales-Pangasinan Road
+63.47.913.4309

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...