Friday, April 15, 2011

Let's talk about Marketing in Jakarta.

I couldn’t help it.

I’m addicted to checking out advertisements and market behavior wherever I go. I concede that the market segment that I mostly observe is very small and I tend to generalize sometimes, but this is based on my unbiased and tried-my-best-to-be-objective observation. Haha.
Couchsurfers from Jakarta loves Blackberry!

I went to Jakarta last March to have a glimpse of Indonesia. When I arrived, in the airport, I’ve seen a huge blackberry advertisement. I started to wonder if it’s a trend in Jakarta. I’ve walked, had coffee, ate, went to internet shops, wandered again and again, and everywhere I went in the streets of Jakarta, Indonesians were using Blackberry.

We celebrated Earth Hour and had dinner with the Couch Surfing-Jakarta. In a group of 8, 6 have Blackberry as their mobile phones. Interesting! I therefore conclude that Jakarta is invaded by Blackberry. Bow. Haha.

I wonder why and how it became a trend. Is it because it’s cheaper to have BBS? Is it because of the appearance? Packaging?

Well, definitely, if everyone’s using the same service, it will definitely be cheaper.

But I’m more curious to know how advertisements will be effective to the Indonesian Market. Is my assumption true that “Gratis” is a trend in Indonesia's advertising industry? Well, I just concluded this since most of the billboards and posters that I’ve seen mentioned about their “gratis” or freebies!

at the train station.
What do you think? 
at the airport.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...